Vortex (ˈvɔːtɛks ) noun
"... any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing."
For me that activity and way of life is Martial arts. Which led me to my current "situation" School owner. :-)
Honestly I started martial arts as just an extra curricular activity while in collage. From there I ended up assisting classes, then I had a class of my own teaching the Toddlers. Later I was in charge of the afterschool classes at a local elementary school. Also I loved competing in tournaments! Traveling to different cities and states to compete and meet new people.
After I reached black belt I was eligible to take specialized classes to become better at teaching different aspects. I love going to these trainings, because not only am I learning from the Masters but they let me know what I'm doing great at, and what I'm not so great at and give instruction to make it better. The only way to get better is to keep practicing, training and get constructive criticism.
Even though I went to collage for a different study, this ended up being my career choice.
I actually chose the name Vortex about a year before I decided to officially go for it. When I found the above definition, I think I heard a voice say "This is it!"
My goal is to share my passion of martial arts, give encouragement when needed, and to be the change I wish to see in the world!
Welcome to Vortex Martial Arts!

Comments
Post a Comment